Thursday, September 2, 2010

We made it!!

We both can sing the praises of the fabulous Mpls. airport helper who assisted us with schlepping our 5 hernia-inducing suitcases out of the taxi and onto his cart.  We were hoping he'd follow us all the way to Braga, but no such luck!

Yesterday we began settling into our apartment. We are so fortunate to have this huge space all to ourselves.  The location is fantastic too!

Last night we went to a fabulous vegetarian restaurant for dinner called Anjo Verde (Green Angel) and I had the most delicious stuffed mushrooms with yogurt sauce.  We figured we'd  treat our systems to some fiber before we load up on pork and pastries.  We ended the evening with a glass of port at a hip little wine bar then we both slept like dead people.

Today we're out enjoying the beautiful sunshine and wandering aimlessly.  Life is good! ~ Peggy

mmm... pastries with a view


FAST, free WiFi is my friend!


3 comments:

  1. I can see that I am going to enjoy this year immensely. I didn't realize you had a pink plaid computer, Peg. All meal descriptions are welcome. Beitos. Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I think you need to back up a bit and start at the beginning - what made you decide to go this far from home for so long? Did you quit your job? What did you do with your "girls" while you're gone? Yes, I know I'm full of questions! Can't wait to read all about your trip! WOW!!! Have a great time! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty~ Oh no! I'll send an email to get you up to speed. Just know that the girls are being well tended and may not want to move back to the 'hood when we return!

    ReplyDelete